20 Best Self Improvement books you should read before you turn 21!
4 months ago in Education
“Self-learning is the best learning”, have you ever come across this proverb? This is perhaps the best tip you can get as a student since there are lots of different things that you need to learn! It’s not just about what’s included in your curriculum, besides, it has a lot to do with building your character, confidence, conviction, speaking power and so many other important aspects that would help pave your path for future success. There is no end to learning, as the old proverb goes. Thankfully, there is no end to proper resources that can help you learn. Despite this being an age of digital media, where everything is available over the internet, let’s fall back on the old school concept! Books!
In the following section of this article, you will be offered a brief insight into 20 different books, on various topics, which you need to have a look at. These books are highly acclaimed and have proven to be very useful for the students
20 Best Self Learning Books which you should read
There are many! As a matter of fact, it is quite a task to choose the best out of so many different masterpieces available. However, here are some which you might find to be useful
1. The Success Principles: The author of this book is Jack canfield. This is a remarkable piece of work where the author has vividly and elaborately described various phases of life. The ups and downs one might and invariably would encounter in his/her life. However, that’s not the essence of the subject matter of this book. This book tells you, how you can achieve your goals and succeed in life despite all the odds. In this book, the author has quoted several instances from his life and others, where despite the chips being down, people managed to rise up to a different level altogether. It is primarily about self-motivation. It says, when things don’t go your way, that’s the time you need to pull up your shocks
2. The Power of Positive Thinking: As students, it is very important for you to make sure that you always carry a positive frame of mind. Yes, there can be, as a matter of fact, bound to be instances when things won’t go your way. Everything you touch seems to turn into dust! This is where this particular book has proven to be so useful. Written by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale.
3. Outliers- The Story of Success: This book is written by Malcolm Gladwell. In this book, the author has cited several instances when an individual rose from the ashes and managed to reach the pinnacle of success. This book tells you, how you can fight against all the odds which you are going to encounter in your life. This book tells you how not to submit in front of adversaries and how to move forward keeping your head high. Every single word of this book will instill a sense of confidence in you. It will make you realize the mistakes that you have been making all this while which came as hurdles towards your success. It will help you overcome them one by one. This book is particularly effective for those students who are low in confidence.
4. Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity: No matter what age you are in, whether you are a student or a professional; stress is a phenomenon that is applicable to every single individual. When it comes to the students, these days, life has become very hectic. With so much competition and pressure, there are very few poor souls around who are devoid of stress. This book, which has been written by David Allen explains how to deal with stress and at the same time yield productive results
5. The Power of Full Engagement: The author of this book is Jim Loehr. This book tells you how to complete dedication is important when it comes to achieving your goal. It also discusses various ways that would help the students
6. How to Win Friends and Influence People: You are a social creature. You need to learn how to influence people and make new friends. Dale Carnegie, the renowned author has discussed thoroughly this subject in this book
7. Awaken the Giant within This book is very useful for the students, particularly for the ones who are low in terms of their confidence. It has been written by Tony Robbins. Those who feel that no matter how hard they try, there is only one outcome that awaits them, which is “failure”. This book will make you realize the strength that you have and in every page, it would tell you, no matter what, as long as you wish to achieve something, you can always get it
8. Why We do What we Do: Understanding Self Motivation: This book has been written by Edward L. Deci. Here the author has explained why it is important to have a positive frame of mind and how can that be achieved. In a nutshell, the author has tried to convey that staying positive is all about practice. You need to make it a habit. The author has also emphasized the fact that there are people, who carry a negative mindset. He has also suggested remedies for them. This is one book that you, as a student must go through. It would certainly change your outlook towards life
9. Let Go: There would be setbacks and failures in life! It is inevitable. As the name suggests, this book tells you how to let go of your failures and move ahead. It has been written by Pat Flynn
10. Learning how to learn: This is a very interesting book that explains in great depth about the art of learning. As students, you need to learn a lot of things moving ahead. This books explains the art of learning and tells you how to go about it
11. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Those who have succeeded in life; reached the pinnacle, have few habits in common. This book by Stephen.R.Covey tells you about 7 such habits which you need to grow in order to achieve your goals in life
12. The Attention Revolution: It is very important to be attentive. Even the slightest of deviation can lead to serious consequences. This is particularly true for the students. This book talks all about attention and how to improve the power of being more attentive
13. Feeling Good: This book has been written by David D. Burns. It is important to feel good about yourself in order to stay focused and gain self-confidence. Unless you feel good about yourself, you will bever be satisfied, no matter how much you have achieved in your life.
14. Thinking, Fast and Slow: This book has been written by Daniel Kahneman, who is a Nobel Prize winner in Economics. It deals with the complicated process of thinking. It explains how your brain functions under certain situations and how you can improve on your thinking process
15. Perfect Health Diet: “Health is Wealth”. This is an old proverb, which still stands good. The authors of this book, Paul Jaminet & Shou-ChingJaminet have explained how to stay healthy by resorting into a proper diet and how to maintain it throughout your life
16. The Power of Now: This book was written by Eckhart Tolle. It tells you about the techniques to get rid of depression, develop compassion and how to enhance emotional intelligence
17. Daring Greatly: In order to achieve something big in life, you need to have the dare. This is what has been explained in this book. The author Brené Brown has explained the importance of risk in life and offered a few useful tips of “calculated rosks”
18. Simplify: As a student, if you feel that your life is getting too much complicated, then this book by Joshua Becker can help you a lot
19. Love Yourself: It’s all about you! Unless you are in love with yourself, you won’t feel that urge to move forward. It is your love towards yourself that would act as the driving force. This is what the author Joshua Becker has tried to explain in this book
20. You can Win: Are you sick and tired of continuous failures? Well, you can win! Wondering how? That’s what Shiv Khera has explained in this book.
There was a time when books used to be the only medium of learning and thankfully, no matter how much technology has influenced your lives; it failed to be the best substitute for books. Even today, books are the most valuable assets for an intellectual brain, and thankfully, there are millions of different types of books available. As students, you need to look out for books which would help you expand your vision, help you attain a positive outlook towards life, enhance your level of confidence and would help in your overall development